Thursday 1 September 2011

2 months later...

and I finally remember my log-in details :D

So it's been two months since my last post ... wow!
Well I had a lovely time with my family! They left the same day that Joe self-termed so there were a few tears that day, a lot of goodbyes.
I ws deployed a couple of times so I also worked in World of Disney & the right block in Hollywood Studios which included the Darkroom, Cover Stroy, Celebrity Five & Dime and L.A. Prop. I also worked at the Sorcerer's Hat and the pin station on Sunset Blvd. It was a lot of fun, I think what made it easier was that other people from Days of Christmas were deployed there as well :)
When I finished my deployment my first day back at Christmas was my birthday! So naturally that meant another night at House of Blues (it was a Sunday) which as usual something bad happened. House of Blues really is not for me! My bag fell in the sink when I was washing my hands which meant my phone & camera got wet and stopped working for a couple of days. They're up and running again now though so all is well.
So then the last week in Disney began, all good things must come to an end I suppose. It was difficult saying goodbye to everyone because they are all amazing people. I cannot explain how lucky I am to have met so many wonderful people this summer, it is definitely a summer I won't be forgetting and it will be difficult to beat!
After a few tears Luke and I hopped on a plane to Washington Dulles airport and spent a weekend at Deep Creek Lake before exploring Washington D.C.
The lake was beautiful and Washington was just something else entirely. I had an amazing time. The memorable thing will probably be the earthquake we happened to experience whilst in the American Indian museum which shook like it was made from cardboard. It completely freaked us out!
All in all we had great week going around and seeing the White House, top of the old post office tower, Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown, Natural History Museum, Madam Tussauds, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Monument etc.
Now Luke is back in Orlando and I'm in San Diego :D
I love love love San Diego, it's such a beautiful city! On my first afternoon/evening here I took the ferry to Coronado Island to see the San Diego skyline and then have a walk around Coronado. It was such a nice place and it has a beautiful beach! Had a great night.
Today I went to the San Diego Zoo, which is amazing! It's a gorgeous place and it's huge! I had such a fun day, there is loads to see and do. I saw polar bears playing with inflatible balls which was a strange thing to see, but fun! I also saw a 1day old giraffe - it was so cute!
It's definitely a place you need to spend a lot of time in to be able to do and see everything!

That is no where near everything that has happened over the past 2 months, but it all I have time to write :D
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment